Thursday, October 9, 2008

Amazing discoveries

I'm always fascinated by the possibilities of typing with one's hands not properly situated on the home row.

In another browser, still open, I tried to enter "Amazon.com". Fingers in the wrong place, I typed in "anazib.com".

Clever folks that they are, the Amazon website came up!

This is why I suggested that my employers should register an address at a very common misspelling of our name, and redirect to our site.

My suggestion went nowhere.

But I'm very impressed by this thoughtful measure that Amazon took, for their own good. What has it cost them? $100.00 per year? And they just increased the likelihood of me placing an order!

Same thing with www.anazom.com and www.anazon.com.

However, at http://www.anason.com/ I discovered a site belonging to a woman who I'll bet my friend Chazz would be interested in. I may have discovered a new friend for a friend. Huh.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Maybe you can sell the idea to a rival company of yours and make a little money on the side. You can then claim they just stole the idea from your blog, then illuminate your brilliance to your bosses when they see it really was a good idea.